University Area, Vishwavidhyalaya

How many sarees did you go through and farewells you attended last year at the same time. Is it the blue saree you are wearing for your PC cell farewell, I am waiting outside, and we sit in the VC lawn. The grad dinner, pink saare, the one in the Polaroid photograph, transparent, which was your Whatsapp dp till the last time I saw you online. Did I sneak into your new HR head farewell to you at Coco Pots, it's my grad dinner that day. It's been a year, the cars have left the city, it's my first at QCI and the meeting at the metro station was last at ORF, the offices are adjacent.
I didn't believe in the thoughts, missing you every day, I sold them off in barter with the time I spent, a lost trade-off. I am watching grad dinners, departmental farewells, messages, and postcards. I wish it stays, I wish for the cities, I wish friends would live again, I wish itsn't aloof anyday.
I miss you in every saree you wore, pictures you got in, polaroids you had and I loved, I miss you hugging not maybe for the last time

Comments

Popular Posts