Ratakhandi, District Nayagarh, Odisha

In the notified area by the government of Odisha when I travelled two and half hours straight from the state capital, I was on unmetalled roads or the roads stretched so far with no vehicular movement. Mountains-o-mountains, via the Khurdha district of Odisha, I am at Nayagarh which only holds three government aid institutes. The last one where I posed. Odisha has been what one could never expect, the food, the people, the travel, the files, and me. I paid a good amount for my ride, and accompanying me, my rider says today he enjoyed his service. He, who was born in Bhubaneswar saw only growing 'crony capitalism', I suppose he understood economics and calculus much better than an econ graduate. He enjoyed his ride to places where he had never been, he loved driving and we discussed the life of a villager who would get up early in the morning, hassle around his farm, eat and sleep. We would laugh along, he chewed his very important and favourite paan masala, the only thing I feel people here are sustaining on. We travelled endless kilometres on roads less travelled, mountains I was on. Today he enjoyed his ride as he got somebody to talk to, meanwhile, we talked,  the other two kilometres were supposed to be on a dry dead road, bumps, and the car danced along the route. When I am sitting here in Vistara UK-782 Bhubaneswar to Delhi, It's all been two months through this route. I posed at the last institute I visited, why would you sit down with us, I did and in the middle there I was, spot the odd one out and appreciate them for maintaining at one of the remotest locations. Ratakhandi, district Nayagarh, state Odisha, leaving all remaining observations over to you and photograph
Biju Patnaik International Airport to Indira Gandhi International Airport

Comments

Popular Posts